An exciting new opportunity has arisen at the Angela Hartnett Restaurant Group. Angela Hartnett is on the lookout for a Sous Chef to join our Cafe Murano family.
Working at Cafe Murano will teach you to create high quality Italian food using the best produce and suppliers, working alongside Angela herself and our incredible kitchen teams.
We are committed to investing in our people and fostering a strong sense of family and mutual respect. We celebrate individuality and diversity with our teams coming from all over the world.
You will have opportunities to develop, progress and learn from our inspiring leaders, who encourage creativity and welcome new ideas.
Our Sous Chef Company Benefits:
- Flexible rota’s released 2 weeks in advance to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Good quality team meals at lunch and dinner where we all eat together
- All uniform provided or paid for
- We also provide a yearly uniform allowance available to replace any old uniform when needed
- Cash bonus awards given to those who we recognise go the extra mile!
- Introduce a friend bonus £1000
- Up to 28 days paid holiday (including service charge) increasing with length of service
- 50% off (including complimentary drinks & starters) when you dine in any of our restaurants – for you and up to 5 of your friends
- Access to employee assistance programme including 24/7 online GP, counselling, legal advice
- Access to the company benefits programme offering discounts on shopping, travel, restaurants, brands such as Apple, Nike, Samsung & more
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn!
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth and development including professional apprenticeships and accredited training
- Company parties and events
- Opportunities to get involved with high profile outside events and festivals
- Supplier trips – Trips are arranged every year to places such as the Lake District & Brixham to meet our suppliers and really understand where our food comes from.
- We close our restaurants over the festive period to allow our teams to have a well-deserved break
Requirements of our Sous Chef:
- Passion for cooking with a desire to develop your knowledge and culinary skills further
- Ability to lead & teach a team where consistently great food is the focus
- Previous experience in a fast-paced kitchen with similar standards
- Always strives for excellence and consistency
- Thrives under pressure with a positive can-do attitude
- Hard working and reliable with an excellent work ethic
- Have a minimum of 1 years experience as a Sous Chef or similar role in a similar establishment
- Experience working with fresh pasta and Italian cuisine
- Demonstrate knowledge of Food Safety and Health & Safety procedures
- Control of ordering, costing and stock
- Excellent communication skills
You don’t need to be an expert in Italian food as this will be covered in your induction and training programme. You just need to have a great work ethic, positive can-do attitude and a team player!
We put attitude ahead of experience, so if you’re not sure you have the right background hit apply and we will be in touch shortly for a chat.