Cafe Murano Restaurants, London
£52,000 - £55,000 p.a
General Manager – Cafe Murano by Angela Hartnett
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at the Angela Hartnett Restaurant Group.
Angela Hartnett is on the lookout for a General Manager to join our Cafe Murano family in Bermondsey.
We are committed to investing in our people and fostering a strong sense of family and mutual respect. We celebrate individuality and diversity with our teams coming from all over the world.
You will have opportunities to develop, progress and learn from our inspiring leaders, who encourage creativity and welcome new ideas.
To join us the successful General Manager will:
·Know how to train and develop a team to deliver a memorable experience
·Excellent communication skills and be an inspiring leader who leads by example
·Passionate about food, wine and hospitality
·Understand the dynamics of a neighbourhood restaurant and importance of being a part of the local community
·Has proven experience with local marketing strategies to attract and retain guests
·Show a proactive approach that contributes to fostering business growth
·Minimum of 2 years' experience working as a General Manager
·Experience working in a similar fast-paced quality establishment
Our General Manager Company benefits:
· Flexible rotas released 2 weeks in advance to ensure a healthy work-life balance
· Good quality team meals at lunch and dinner where we all eat together
· We also provide a yearly uniform allowance available to replace any old uniform when needed
· Cash bonus awards given to those who we recognise go the extra mile!
· Up to 28 days paid holiday (including service charge) increasing with length of service
· 50% off (including complimentary drinks & starters) when you dine in any of our restaurants – for you and up to 5 of your friends
· Access to employee assistance programme including 24/7 online GP, counselling, legal advice
· Access to the company benefits programme offering discounts on shopping, travel, restaurants, brands such as Apple, Nike, Samsung & more
· Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn!
· Fantastic opportunities for career growth and development including professional apprenticeships and accredited training
· Company parties and events
· Opportunities to get involved with high profile outside events and festivals
· Supplier trips – Trips are arranged every year to places such as the Lake District & Brixham to meet our suppliers and really understand where our food comes from
· We close our restaurants over the festive period to allow our teams to have a well-deserved break
Beyond skills we are looking for a General Manager with heart and personality, who believes they can really make a difference to our team at Cafe Murano.
If this sounds like you, please apply with a cover letter telling us how you believe you can make a difference in your role as a General Manager at Cafe Murano and why you'd love to be part of our family.